Saturday, April 29 – Sunday, April 30
Come in and shop the Store during the closing weekend of Archipenko: A Modern Legacy.
For two days only, receive 20%* off all Store merchandise including exhibition-related publications, beautiful stationery, one-of-a-kind items, and exclusive designer objects.
Members receive 30%* off one select item. Not a member? Join today!
*excludes consignment items.
Position Title: Museum Store Sales Associate
Reports to: Store Manager
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
Museum Mission Statement: The Frye Art Museum is dedicated to artistic inquiry, a rich visitor experience, and civic responsibility. A primary catalyst for our engagement with contemporary art and artists is the Founding Collection of late-nineteenth and early-twentieth century art by Munich-based artists. Admission to the Museum will always be free.
Position Summary: The Sales Associate provides strong customer service in addition to assisting with day-to-day store operations. The Sales Associate is an efficient, clear communicator with strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills. The Sales Associate supports all Museum exhibitions and programs with a deep knowledge of the Frye Museum’s mission and current exhibitions. The Sales Associate possesses up-to-date knowledge about the merchandise in the Museum Store, specifically exhibition related items and products by Pacific Northwest designers and artists.
- Opens and closes the store: counting and balancing the cash register till, re-stocking and straightening merchandise, and cleaning the Store.
- Understands Store policies and procedures including return and exchange procedures.
- Handles cash, credit card, debit card, check, and gift card transactions with confidence and accuracy.
- Provides excellent and knowledgeable customer service, ensuring that customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient.
- Seeks creative ways to engage regular clientele and provide a memorable experience for first-time visitors.
- Effectively sells Museum Memberships and tickets to education programs.
- Assists Manager with receiving, pricing, arranging and displaying merchandise.
- Assists in maintaining Store website including product updates, inventory maintenance, and fulfillment.
- Facilitates monthly Store events featuring local designers and artists.
- Supports Manager during an annual inventory count.
- Helps Manager during Museum Store renovations including painting, display installation, and finishing.
- Supports the Manager on product photography shoots and design projects.
- Assumes assigned responsibilities during Manager’s absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conforms to code of ethics governing the museum profession. Represents the Museum with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Proficient in Mac & PC platforms, POS software, Word, Excel, Creative Cloud Suite, Shopify platform, and Social Media applications.
- Experience working in a gallery or retail environment.
- A general knowledge of Art History.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs and stand for 6 – 8 hours
How to Apply:
Candidates should send cover letter, resume, and availability to Rachael Lang, Store Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Museum Store Sales Associate in the subject line. Please do not call or drop resumes off in person.
The Frye Art Museum is committed to diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum does not discriminate in any employment decision on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, marital or veteran’s status, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.